Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Credit Card Guitar Pick Flowers

On a field trip with my school last week all the moms were talking about wallets.  I mentioned that mine is full of rewards cards taking up tons of space.  One of the mom's, Angela, mentioned an App that I could get to store all the cards.  I was so excited!  I downloaded it immediately and spent that evening putting all the card info in.  Now, what to do with the actual cards.  Most people would probably cut them up and throw them away.  Not me, of course, since I keep everything to use later.


After cleaning off my desk a few days later I saw the pile of cards.  I remembered that my husband had a guitar pick maker, the light bulb went off.  I started punching picks out of the cards. 


Now I had a pile of picks.  What to do next?  I played around with the picks and noticed that they were the shape of flower petals.  I laid out picks together that matched.  How was I going to put the flower together?  The first thing I though of was wire.  I nailed holes in a few and tried to wire them together into a flower with a decorative bead in the center.  Fail.  The petals were all floppy and wouldn't stay in place.  This was not working.  Back to the drawing board.  I thought about gluing them to the wall, but knew from prior experience that I would regret it. 

Finally, I decided to glue them to matching paper.  I laid them out and traced them, then cut the pattern out of the paper.  I glued then to the template and put a large bead in the center with the hole facing out.  Then I glued small seed beads around the large one.  Once the glue died I trimmed off any excess paper and nailed them to the wall.  Very cute.  My only problem now is that I need more cards to cut up.  Anyone have extras? : )





3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Maybe there's a way to glue two flowers back to back and attached wire and make them into "chimes" or something to that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Need to hire small business debt collection agency? Go to dlrcollectionagency.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband had gotten a guitar pick punch, the picks looked like flower petals to me so I made flowers. I am no longer doing this type of crafting/blogging. I have switched to the reproduction of Medieval manuscripts. You can find that blog at https://awalkthroughlilysgarden.home.blog/ Thanks!

      Delete